We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are
STORAGE WORLD DUNCHURCH LIMITED collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Personal information collected by us
In the course of operating our self-storage business, we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- Contact details including names, postal addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Personal identification such as driving licences, passports and utility bills; and
- CCTV recordings on the premises.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to provide our services to you and communicate with you during the course of transactions. We hold this information as a record of your business with us and the services provided.
If you are a supplier, we use the personal information you provide to us for the purposes of contact and payment for services provided.
CCTV recordings are used for security purposes only and deleted after 28 days.
Who we share your personal information with
We may share information with debt collection companies if payments due to us are missed.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold your personal information for 7 years.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
It is necessary for us to have and use your personal information for the performance of our contract with you.
If you are a supplier, we rely on legitimate interests as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data; we may need to contact you in respect of services you provide to us or services we require.
If you are a visitor, we also rely on legitimate interests as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data, for the security of our staff and premises.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
We do not intend that any processing of your personal information by us will involve it being transferred outside the EU.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us Storage World Dunchurch, London Road (A45), Dunchurch, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 9LF
- let us have enough information to identify you and your relationship with us,
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 1st October 2018
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via our website.
How to contact us
Please contact us Storage World Dunchurch, London Road (A45), Dunchurch, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 9LF, if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to Sophie Kendall at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Storage World Dunchurch, London Road (A45), Dunchurch, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 9LF.
Do you need extra help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ above).